Monday 22 April 2013

Headband DIY

For my first post I thought I'd start off with something really simple. I saw this on Pinterest a few days ago:

I've been wanting some narrower headbands because I have a small head and my other ones look silly on me! I have LOADS of scrap bits of fabric from stuff I've made so whilst watching Doctor Who I made this:




It was really quick and easy. I just cut 3 strips of fabric out of my scraps about 50cm long (I used pinking shears to make sure they didn't fray). I then tied one end onto the hair band, plaited the strips (do this carefully if you are using strips of fabric to make sure that they sit nicely). When it was long enough to go round my head, I tied the other end to the headband and trimmed the ends. 

I  might make some more in different colours. You could make them out of any bits of fabric, ribbon, cord etc. you have lying around. The one I made has quite a rough look to it because of using the pinking shears to cut the fabric, if you wanted it to look more polished it would probably be better to use cord or ribbon or maybe to twist your strips of fabric before you plait them.

No comments:

Post a Comment