Wednesday 27 November 2013

Easy Earl Grey Bath Salts

This is a really simple, cheap and quick DIY and it makes a great gift!



Ingredients:
Course Sea Salt
Epsom Salts (I found them at Boots, they don't seem to be sold many places just as plain Epsom Salts)
Earl Grey Tea Leaves (or any other scent you want to add - I think you can use oils but I haven't tried it)
Bicarbonate of Soda



If you want to give it as a gift, you will also need a nice jar/tin and some pretty paper to decorate it along with glue.

Use twice as much sea salt as epsom salts, add in about 1/3 as much of bicarb of soda (as epsom salts). (So that's 6 parts sea salt, 3 parts epsom salts and 1 part bicarb.) Mix it all together and add in enough tea leaves to give it a nice scent (about half the amount of epsom salts was about right for me). And that's it, easy!



To make the jars, I used some plastic ones that had once held scented playdough. I just washed off the old labels and made new ones from some pretty paper I have. Then I glued them on using glue mixed with about the same amount of water and covered it with a couple more coats of the glue mix once it was dry.



I gave these ones to my boyfriends mum and sister for their birthdays, and I gave some as Christmas presents last year. They are a super quick way to make a cheap gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment