Thursday 9 January 2014

DIY Christmas Present Rundown

So, now Christmas is well and truly over (although our tree is still up as I haven't got round to taking it down, and the Christmas chocolates are still tempting me every evening!) I thought it was time to write a little overview of the 12 homemade Christmas presents I gave this year (or I guess it's last year now...). I will be dedicating whole posts to a lot of them hopefully over the next few weeks but I thought I'd do a quick overview and post some photos first.

Here's they are:


  1. 3 guitar pick keyring holders (inspired by this pin on Pinterest, 1 not shown as it was for my boyfriend and he was around when I photographed these!)
  2. Kindle Paperwhite case (designed by me)
  3. Headphone case (following these instructions)
  4. Travel wallet (loosely following this tutorial)
  5. Leicester City Football Club themed baby booties and hat (the booties are my favourite tried and tested pattern and the hat is a new pattern I found, which is really quick and easy, see below for pic)
  6. Christmas hair clips (inspired by this post)
  7. Knitted headband/ear warmers (it's just a strip of knitting so no pattern!)
  8. Tote bag insert (inspired by this)
  9. Russian Doll Peg Bag (my own design)
  10. And finally, my pride and joy, a Quiet Book for my niece (there were many websites and blogs I used to help me with this but I will write a whole post on it instead of putting it here)
Here are some more individual pics:










I'll be doing more detailed posts on the Quiet Book and the peg bag, the others are either fairly self-explanatory or the links I've posted are easy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment