Monday 2 September 2013

Basic Ombre Nails

I know that there are hundreds of blogs posts about how to do ombre nails, but I'd never tried them before and so I thought I would add my take on the trend. Personally I love the look of ombre anything at the moment and the colours that I've chosen for this look are so summery and aquatic. But I'm excited at the prospect of using this technique with christmassy reds and golds in the winter. Here's my easy guide to ombre nails...

You will need:

* Base coat and top coat
* 2 coloured nail varnishes (I used this one and this one)
* Small sponge
* Plastic surface (I used old magazine packaging but you could use anything)
* Cotton buds and nail polish remover
* Cocktail stick (or anything else small and pointy!)






1. Clean your nails and apply your base coat. Follow this by one thin coat of one of your colours. I used the lilac because I though the turquoise would go better over the top.







2. Prepare your ombre - put two blobs of your coloured nail varnishes side by side on the plastic. Then take your cocktail stick and blend the colours together in the middle. Take your sponge and press the end into the nail varnish so that there is a thickish layer

3. Then simply press this onto your nail. Don't worry it will be messy and go over the edge as you can see.

4. To clean up the edges take the cotton bud and soak it in your nail varnish remover and simply wipe around the edges of your nail to clean up the excess varnish.

5. Apply a top coat and voila...beautiful ombre nails are all yours!


They look a little grainy from up close but from a distance (which to be honest is how most people are going to see then) they look great!

Enjoy!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment