Thursday 12 September 2013

DIY Bow Nails

Bows are everywhere at the moment. Jewellery, clothes and hair accessories are covered in them so I thought I would try and design a manicure featuring them as well. This design is a little fiddly, but totally worth it.


You will need...
* Base coat
* Pale pink nail colour (I used this Nails Inc one)
* Darker pink/mauve colour (I used this No 7 one in Highland Mist)  
* Top coat (I used my No 7 Gel-Look one)
* Nail dotting tools or a cocktail stick

1. To start, apply your base coat and then two coats of the pale pink colour. Wait for it to dry completely.

2. Drawing the bows is a little fiddly and time consuming. It was difficult to take photos in focus whilst I was doing this on the nail, so I've replicated the strokes I did on a piece of paper for you to see...


With your dotting tool or cocktail stick, start by putting a dot in the centre. Then draw two triangles on either side of the dot to create the bow shape. Finally, after this has dried completely. Go back in with the pale pink colour and paint on the dot again. This just gives the bow a little more definition.

On my thumb, I then added two strokes below the bow to create the ribbon effect.




















(Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I think I need a better camera!)


If you wanted to add little sparkle to this design you could always put a rhinestone in the middle of the bow instead of going back in with the pale pink colour...

Enjoy! :)

xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment