Thursday 21 November 2013

Jewellery Holder DIY

My latest project was to turn an old wooden cutlery tray into a jewellery holder for all my necklaced and bracelets.



It was pretty simple and quick (except for waiting for the coats of paint to dry) but I did it over a few days. I'm sure you can work it out for yourself but here are the steps in case you want some tips!

1. Sand down the wood a little so the paint will stick better.



2. Spray paint. I am terrible at spray painting, this is only the second time I've attempted it and I got a few drips etc. Basically, the trick is to keep moving and do super thin coats, but I haven't quite mastered it yet!



3. Screw in little hooks. I found these at a local shop that sells household/DIY stuff. It was about £1 for a pack with loads more than I needed so I've got some left over I could use for another project.

4. Hang all your jewellery on it! (Sorry for the poor quality picture, I haven't got the lighting sorted in my new flat yet!)



I was intending to hang it on the wall but I've just moved into a rented flat so that may not be possible any more. It looks fine leant against a wall though. Now all I need to do is sort through my jewellery as I hardly ever wear most of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment