Sunday 11 August 2013

Pretty Useful Drawer Dividers

So my sock/tights drawer used to look like this:

It was a nightmare to find the socks I needed, and it didn't really fit.

Now it looks like this : ) after a really simple and quick project:



First, I did this (socks sorted by type):


Then I cut some newspaper to the size of the drawer and worked out how much space each type of sock could have/needed in the drawer.


Next I cut some cardboard to the right height for the drawer and the right lengths for the pattern I had made on newspaper. I taped them together and checked that they fitted in the drawer (I did have to trim them a bit).



Then I covered them with pretty wrapping paper using glue mixed with water.


I waited for them to dry and covered them with another layer of the glue and water.


And ta-da, a drawer organiser and a much better organised sock drawer!







No comments:

Post a Comment