Tuesday 21 May 2013

Baroque Nails (and new No.7 range)




Although I do say so myself, I LOVE these nails! Once I've got a colour on my nails, I often add some glitter to the thumb nail on one hand and the ring finger on the other, just to keep it modern and a little glitzy, but after I saw how nicely these two polishes went together, I had to do it on all my nails. There is something about dull muted tone of the grey that makes the gold less 'in your face' and more sophisticated. But also the glitter is still very much there to made this manicure a little special.


I used a coat of base coat, followed by two coats of Revlon Colourstay in 300 Bare Bones, and then a coat of my trusty cheap W7 gold glitter.

As a slight side note this this blog, I have also just discovered a new top coat from No. 7 called Gel-Look Shine. It's part of a new gel range they've just brought out, which are supposed to 'help prevent chipping and improve ease of application to help achieve a streak free finish', and also smooth and plump the nail. I've only used it once so far, but I have to say I'm impressed. It has left an extremely smooth finish and they haven't chipped yet! And the whole range is just £6.50 which I think it actually pretty decent if all the polishes are of the same quality. I may have to make another trip to the No. 7 counter in the near future...!
Let me know what you think of the manicure and also the new No. 7 range.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment